View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #41
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: 67-68 Standard & Cowl hoods are Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Keith I'm so SORRY to hear your going through the same as we've been through as it's such a aggressive cancer with the worst survival rates of any cancers with only 8%-21% surviving 5 years if they are lucky enough to be in the 15% that can even have the whipple procedure ( depends on treatment and who's doing treatment most places average 8-10% survival for 5 years with surgery). Early diagnosis and aggressive targeted treatment are keys to survival we've learned. Dad upon learning of it devoted days to weeks learning everything about it and treatments. Luckily they caught my mom's early ( June 2017 diagnosed, operated June 22nd 2017, chemo began 5 weeks later along with immunotherapy treatment and chemo treatments almost took her life 3-4 times) while the tumor size was right at 2cm, and only 1 lymph node involved. Make sure if at all possible she has whipple done at a hospital that does these regular as survival rates to survive surgery alone are far higher 90%+ at those that do them on a regular basis weekly compared to hospitals that only do a few a year having 15-20% survival rates on the surgery. Thankfully we had Bren Simon Cancer Center at IU in Indianapolis for her surgery and chemo and dad & her flew & drove to John Hopkins in MD for immunotherapy treatment. Be sure to ask the surgeon to have the cancer molecular profile done so they can do targeted chemo treatment based on those results.
PanCan is a excellent resource
https://www.pancan.org/
If you need further information on this or just support please contact me or dad through our email address robbinspd1199@yahoo.com
Dad's learned a ton and had the Dr's surprised on his in depth knowledge of treatments. Our families Prayers are with you now and in the future.....
Paul Jr.
Thank you SO much for the info.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote