Thread: Line bores
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 06:29 PM   #15
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Line bores

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10owner View Post
I would not run a tunnel ram on a truck you are planning to use for towing. If you want to use the early 327 block there use to be a stroker crank kit designed for them. But with only a 2 bolt main available in the small journal blocks I would just find a 4 bolt 350 block. Summit use to sell a fully prepped 350 4 bolt main block for $650. Not sure if they still offer it.
I dont tow often or very far usually. The 383 minimal the tunnel ram will go on will be at 3000rpm at 60 mph in drive. So I will have air velocity on my side.

The stroker cranks for small journals are $1500+ due to custom ordering, and as i was told needed to be forged. Called 2 different crank companies. Or roughly the same cost as a Dart shp block that fits what I have.

I have a 350 i need to disassemble to see if it any good, but older blocks for my intended purpose are a touch on the weak side. Where the shp is perfectly happy. Plus has priority oiling, and a couple of other nice features.

The truck I build this for is not intended to be practical, but be able to do some practical stuff.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote