View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #53
Willowrun

Re: Had to buy - '77 Suburban

In the last month or so I was able to finish up the suspension, swap in some different door hinges on the drivers side, and most painfully, I finished the bodywork except for the dent in the lower drivers door....I've had enough bodywork for a while. I also cleaned up the center caps and rings and stuck them on. Finally, I fixed all of the tranny leaks. Oil fill seal, servo seal, new speedometer cable bullet, and the shift shaft seal were all replaced. The Jimmy no longer leaks.

While I was doing all of the work to this thing over the winter I was always a little worried because the drivetrain in this thing is unproven. The most I had ever driven was to the end of the road and back which was barely enough to tell if it was even getting into third gear. Now that it was finally at the point of needing an alignment I had a choice to make: Trailer it or drive it to get aligned.

I ended up setting the toe with a tape measure and decided to take it on a shakedown run to the gas station. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it ran and drove so I drove it to get aligned once the wife was home to follow me there. It rides and drives great
Attached Images

Last edited by Willowrun; 04-12-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote