View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #1513
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Oh the drama. I had 36' pump jack poles and a 30' walkboard set up on a house down in the area I do most of my work, a few exits down the interstate and more. They were calling for snow today, which is very early for us. I 'had to' get that job done 'and' equipment home yesterday before they spread any crap on the roads. My '72 with the racks is the only way I have to move that long stuff. I do not want any of that corrosive crap on my truck, period. I didn't buy it for that. Didn't buy it to work out of, for that matter.

I head out and am at the interstate about to go under to the on ramp and I see a damn truck & trailer with a couple tanks on the opposite side just a sprayin' away with that brine making a loop back up the interstate the other way. I did not want to be seeing that! They were spraying that crap 24 hours in advance because it 'might' snow! It about put me in a panic. I aborted the interstate and took back roads. I think only state roads spray that stuff at this point. My fear was get down the road stuck having to drive back in it. So it was a lot of work but I loaded the truck in the twilight and took the back roads home with an eye peeled for those drizzle stripes on the road. I think I'm good... I hope. And today it is snowing real snowflakes, just like wintertime. A couple inches so far.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-15-2018 at 11:40 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote