Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 07:50 PM   #41
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

I decided to sell my rear gas tank that came with the truck. Previous owner installed a top mount poly tank universal from summit. It was foam baffled and had a gravity feed supply lines at bottom of tank. It just wasn't what I wanted so I sold it on facebook MP and got enough to justify a new blazer tank from LMC. Got the side fill and it fits perfect. I'm am going to install a new TANKS INC PA-4 sending unit and walbro 255lph in tank pump. It will have the rollover valve and return line coming from a corvette filter/regulator. I will use the stock fuel sending unit and vent the tank using the LMC tank vent port.

While I was mocking it up, I realized I wasn't going to have to notch my frame like lots of other folks have to do. This 1970 frame just worked out I guess.. I also didn't want to use the LMC tank straps provided. I saw the boyd tanks use a bracket with nuts welded to them and you slide that on top of the frame rail and run the bolts from underneath. Pretty simple I thought so I built my own using a piece of 14awg sheet strip I found at ACE hardware. Measured out the holes, drilled the frame and then templated my strips and drilled those holes. Welded nuts over the holes and painted them up. Works great and I don't have those crap tank straps!! Boom.

These are the brackets I made.

This is where they install at in the frame, bolts I run up from beneath the frame. I thought they would be difficult and slide around but they are heavy enough they don't slide around and work great.

Here it is installed. We will see what it looks like with new bumper installed and lowered.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote