View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #6
Orange Crate

Re: Nightmare Before Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54blackhornet View Post
I know exactly what you are going through, I had mine bead blasted and the place left metal particles embedded in the rim/center seam. Not knowing much at that time I failed to notice. Shortly afterwards the particles started to rust and ruined the look of the wheel completely ....went to another shop who did a fantastic job both blasting and powder coating...

It would be nice to know what the difference was between your two shops. My guy didn't mention that this could be a possibility until AFTER it happened, then it was "oh, yeah this is really common" Why the "F" didn't he say that to begin with. When I get the blasted rims back (no pun intended) I'll take them to one more powder coater and specifically ask if they can ovoid this condition. I'm not the expert here I'm relying on them to let me know what the possibilities are for a really good finish. Buyer beware I guess. On a better note I have my tire size picked as 255/85-16 for about 33 dia. Probably go with Cooper Maxx.