View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 07:39 AM   #5
KevinK7

Re: Brake Light Wiring Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Kevin,
Did you get this sorted out? I just chased down all the lighting on my 67 so this is still a bit fresh on my mind.

I finally got all mine worked out and even got the hazard lights working when I got the correct flasher relay. Someone in the past had installed too small a fuse and the wrong flasher.

Being somewhat sequestered at home gave me the extra time and patience required to get it all going.
First, Thanks for the reply, I believe I have the correct understanding, but I haven't yet made the repairs so I'm open to whatever info you can share. I'm really trying to confirm that the white wire from the brake switch (which becomes the black/white wire in the turn signal harness does in fact end up feeding 12V (through the turn switch contacts...........to the left/right rear.

I believe they start at the turn signal switch (as in my initial post) and then to the (halfmoon) turn signal switch connector they are the Black/Yellow and DarkGreen wires (positions 5 and 6 in the photo of the sheet in my last post). I believe, from there that the harness side halfmoon connector has the Yellow and DarkGreen wires corresponding to positions 5 and 6 of the turn signal harness halfmoon connector.
Just to comment, since my truck has the Utility body on it, the rear light wiring was modified quite a bit so I don't have a lot to go by.

The main reason why I went so 'deep' into the turn signal switch contacts themselves, was because the white wire from the brake switch (that would normally run to the turn signal switch) was cut ....and a new wire was run to the utility body, to a second set of lights that was added to it.
Not to get drawn out on this (but to give the full picture), the utility body came factory with only two (lower) round lights. At some point in time, two (upper) lights were added. The uppers were(are) wired as BRAKE only (fed from the CUT white wire from brake switch), where the lowers are the directionals. My hope/plan is to wire upper and lower to function both as directional and brake. ...and I do have heavy duty flashers planned.

Last edited by KevinK7; 04-11-2020 at 07:56 AM.
KevinK7 is offline   Reply With Quote