View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Brake Light Wiring Question

For your question on path. orange wire on the stop light switch is feeder form the dome light hot feed.
White wire goes to turn signal connector and up into the steering column to the turn signal switch. When you put on brakes the Dark green passenger side wire and the yellow drivers side wire will make the brake lights come on.
If you pull the light switch out 1 time that feeds the brown wires to all the rear lights for tail lights and side markers if you have them.
Light green is back up lights. The black wire is for the horn relay and it grounds through the steering shaft when you apply the hand pressure to the horn button.
The purple wire supply the path to the flasher.

Now if the right turn signal is on the switch brakes the contact form that side and it goes through the turn signal flasher to blink. Same thing if you do left side. The dark blue (right side) & light blue (left side) go to the front turn signals.
Now as far as the turn signal switch itself I have never looked at it that closely as in your picture. So I can't really say but yes it makes are breaks the connection's depending on how it is set.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote