View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 11:25 AM   #562
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
No problem. I install my fittings into their respective parts first & then use the schrader set-up to test for leakage. I like to submerge bags & tanks under water for the testing. You only need ~25psi for the leak test.

Once you know your good there, it helps keep your scope for leak chasing to the remaining fittings. The 'T' set-up works good for adjusting the suspension during the build. I also have 'stands' built that are used under the frame rails so that if the air is purged from the system, the truck drops to 'ride height' & remains there. Mine are 4" tall @ the front cab mount; 5" @ the rears so just build the stands to the ride height designed for your application.
Just got my kit i ordered that has these fittings and 20' of extra hose. So i will be installing these this weekend. I am not sure how much will get done this weekend. I have a big day coming up .... the big 50 mark is reached on the 11th, so .... lol
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote