Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 10:31 AM   #187
CSHADES

Re: project 39

I bought a hagen fuel door kit for this truck a few years ago. as much as i like the things that stick out from the body usually the fuel filler is not one of them. the tank that is under it has the fill neck stub on the front left corner so the filler neck is going to come out on the left rear fender. the hagen door kit i bought was the curved version but i bent a piece of tin to match what they had for a curve and it really isnt close enough to the curve of the fender for my taste. so i decided to take it a step farther and cut the new kit apart and just use what i needed. so this is the start of that. the door opening was 3 5/8 inches so i had to buy a hole cutter in that size. i marked the inside of the fender with the complete box then used the outer tin that i removed from the box to mark where the door goes. found the center of the hole and drilled it. i used the hole cutter on the outside of the fender. the hole cutter was a bit to aggressive to cut the regular way so i ran the cutter in reverse and slowly cut open the hole. stay tuned for part 2
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote