Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #46
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

oldman3, Thank you.

SSABMUD, They do put enough holes in them. I punched out slugs and it made it go easy. Either unibit or die grind the holes to get the rust out and they weld in good. I used a magnet to hold the slugs. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But yes I know wht you mean, they will not look. And they probably will not even realize they were holes there. Your truck looks great. I love all the suttle modifications you did.

48 GMC BURB, HAHA I do love work with it.I should know how big of one after the weekend. I can make one if you want, either out of steel or SST. I can put baffles in it and TIG weld it together.

Last night I figured out what I have to do with the frame. I will raise it up about 4.5 inches so that I can keep my 6 inch ride height. I am going to make it out of 1/8 plate and weld it all together. That way I can keep it the same width of the factory frame. The front section will taper from 6" to 4" and the rest will be 4". I will use 1 5/8 tube for the cross braces and tie in the rear end nose mount also. Then try to tie into the transmisson cross member.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote