View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #36
v502

Re: 79 C10 swap with L92 with 6L90

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereagle07 View Post
Your truck is looking awesome. Are you painting the entire engine or just the valve covers?
Thanks man i don't know what i going to do yet i will figure it out when they strip the car out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This is a BA truck. What do you have for a drop and what wheel and tire?
Thanks i don't know to be honest i bought in that state but i try to figure it out somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
right on. thanks for the pics! looks like you guys are right.... they just took the transfer case off and bolted up a new tail shaft. wonder how the trans computer is going to act without it? and for some strange reason i thought the front axles came out of the oil pan on the ls 4X's.
Sure man i had them but i wasn't planning to post them until u requested i always take pics of everything but i keep them for my self cuz they are ridiculously allot

The TCM will be fine the conversion from 4wd to 2wd wont affect anything cuz its going to be tuned for the cam and recalibrate the transmission cuz in this suv they got a switch for sport mode but i wont be able to use that option in my truck so i try to get something in between.

Its better to get an 6l90 from an SUV and take the transfer case out cuz they are tougher than the 2wd version 6l80.
v502 is offline   Reply With Quote