View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #33
beonkey

Re: The Neutered Jimmy (4X4 to 2X4)

OK, Earlier I stated how the rear shock crossmember is where most have said you need to fab something. I started with that route and basically copied the upper rear shock mount from CPP as it only fits in a actual 2WD frame. I cut it all to size, then a buddy welded it together and welded the shock mounts on.....I still didn't like it. The crossmember didn't look or fit correctly and I felt that the shocks were still laid down too much. I scrapped the whole idea and crossmember then called Rob at No Limit Engineering and for $169 and a days wait this 30 minute install was at my front door. What a relief. Definitely a great solution out back and shocks are at what seems to be a great angle.

Name:  IMG_1144.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1145.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  85.2 KB

I also cleaned up the splash apron and started mocking up the new face...4 headlights to 2!

Name:  IMG_1131.JPG
Views: 950
Size:  59.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1140.JPG
Views: 935
Size:  65.9 KB

I got it running for a split second, but it has no exhaust. Next stop is the Exhaust shop and then someone to swap in my Posi from the old 4WD axle. Maybe I will get this thing on the road for a year or so in its underwear(primer).
beonkey is offline   Reply With Quote