View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #387
RD71

Re: Let's post 60-66 SUBURBAN Only Pictures

Here's something different;

This Burb has served, back in the day, as an EMT vehicle in Israel (what is known here as Magen David)- see it in a period photo:

Later sold, and was left to rot somewhere in Jerusalem, last year it was rescued and made drive-able again. I took it's photo in May, and it looked like this:

Well, some weeks ago the new owner was finished with its restoration and a ceremony (organized by the local classic cars club) was held upon which the Burb was revealed, together with modern EMTs on site...:

Now, a personal note: I have a special relation to this Burb, as it was owned by my Mom's uncle! I was not aware of this at the time, otherwise you would have seen a "my new Burb" thread... and not an EMT restoration but a more modified Burb, something along the lines of this Burb, which was also at the event:

However, I feel that it's very responsible of the current owner to restore the Burb to its service days' looks- it is a part of Israel's past and nowadays, NOBODY thinks about preservation of these vehicles, except private individuals.

RD71 is offline   Reply With Quote