View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #204
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

story time!

so there is something I call "the joedoh rule" or more accurately "the dumbass constant". its like murphys law only more intimately painful to me, because it involves finding the very limit of my patience while examining how accurately I can shoot myself in the foot.

take this example. I have been trying to schedule time with LD2 (loving daughter 2) because her mini cooper is knocking and whining, the serpentine belt is the suspect. she has more important things like work and the boyfriend and things she calls "places" when we ask where she is going. so it breaks one day, and I tell her the time to schedule with me is over, use some of that work money and call a tow to a mechanic of her choosing and have them fix it, all part of growing up you see. if you cant take my gentle prodding to help you fix it preemptively in the driveway you can foot the incurred higher costs of the emergency. essentially "a lack of planning on your part isnt an emergency on my part". but I am not without compassion, so I offer the slattern (my cheapo saturn that just runs and runs) so she is not without transportation. well, she flattens the rear tire and the spare according to her boyfriend "has something wrong with it". I go to change the tire and pick up the car and promptly break two studs. oops. I pick up 4 new studs and slather the remaining lug nuts with penetrant. I get the drum off and replace the two broken studs, better see if all the nuts come off easy though since I will need a tire on that corner, and I break one more stud.

thats after pulling it apart a second time.

oh wait there is more. remember my missing bracket on the pedal? I went looking through older pictures, in fact this one on the first page of the thread.

see it?

sheesh. I have looked in the garage, to no avail. tomorrow a trip to the salvage is required.

I also attempted to run the heater lines, I had retapped the broken connector on the intake but for the life of me couldnt find the suction side. looking at older pictures, it goes to the radiator. so luckily there is a plugged port on the water pump.

got all the lines run, had to move the lines to keep them from kinking. I read about a guy who used copper pipe bent to the correct angles and a heat gun to reshape straight hoses into custom heater hose, I will try that next time I think.

found more problems to solve. this is probably from the engine fire (project name as a reminder!)

tomorrow I seal the floor up for good! no more work needed under there. I have to straighten the power steering line so it fits the front clip and then I can put the front clip on too.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 06-12-2017 at 12:21 AM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote