Thread: Berthas Build
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #51
dfairchild19

Re: Berthas Build

The drivetrain is finally in for good. I need to shorten the stock first gen dodge drive shafts but other than that the drive train is in there for good now. I still have to pull the kingpin cap/steering arm and tie rod and drag link to clean weld and paint for the front end to be finished.

Once those things are complete, I will pull the cab from the frame it is currently on, put some new body mounts under it and get it on the rolling chassis. Once the cab makes it's way to it's new home, the engine compartment will be pieced together with all of the accessories, the fuel system will be installed and the truck will be wired up from front to back with an American auto wire upgrade wiring harness.

I still need to order up my hydro boost lines and fittings as well as an xj steering shaft.

It's coming along really nicely and this stage was a huge mile stone that I have been looking forward to it for a long time.

These are all shots of the progress from the last couple of months since my last post:

dfairchild19 is offline   Reply With Quote