View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #35
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_67C10 View Post
I remember the early 90s Camaro IROC came in white with gold... always like that! Be different and chance it!!! You can always change it later if you get bored of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I really like those wheels, but yeah, at nearly 40 lbs a corner, I got a little concerned. But I haven't weighed the stockers, so maybe it's not that far off? Dunno.

That "Olds" gold looked good and there might be some options to go with paler gold, or a darker bronze gold that wouldn't look as "gold medal-ey" as the rendering. How ever you decide to do it, it's a nice way to add definition to the picture.

Thanks guys. I am sure the wheel/tire package will be quite a bit heavier than the small stock rallyes Ive got, but it gets me rolling for cheap and I doubt tires will last me too terrible long with the LS swap and a drag strip 15 minutes from my house

I'll see how far I get with the paint job this spring - if it ends up just getting primed then the wheels will stay black, but if I get to where I paint it white, I think a darker gold is where I'll go with it. Probably slightly darker than what the rendering shows. I like a dark but still bright gold against white (akin to the 04/05 Subaru WRX STi - I daily drove one for 80k miles in 2004/5 but it was black with gold wheels.)

This is basically a "getting it running, not right" year for my truck, so its a good time to experiment, hah!
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote