View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #53
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: CPP again....I'll never learn ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
In my next life i will sell fan relay kits and i promise #1 thru 4 will all be handled accordingly, at CPP the catalog has 300 pages of goodies. I can honestly say i have been in retail 20 years i have worked 11 of those here and NEVER in my life have i ever experienced a place so busy in my life and the last company i was with was on the Fortune 500 on the New York stock exchange. I have come to realize you do the best you can do and that all you can do, stress is the leading cause of death, i refuse to have my funeral at 37 years old! Your point is well taken and if you are ever in the Orange County area stop by and i will give you a shop tour.
The fan kit was just an example. We do sell other items but not on your scale at all. I understand your problems are much greater due to the scale of the operations but the principles still apply whether its one item or 3000 items.

My personal experience with your company was when I purchased a front sway bar kit for my 72 Chevy. It arrived as an open box resealed. The mounting hardware was for the front but the bar was for the rear sway bar kit. I called to get it resolved and was told I didn't know how to install it.

After some conversation I convinced the sales man to go measure the front in a box in your inventory, turns out mine was 6 inches or so to narrow. In order for me to get a front sway bar I ended up having to order a rear with a front bar in the box. It took 4 weeks to get it straightened out.

The thing that irritated me the most was blaming me and saying I didn't know how to install it even after I told them it was to short. I had been in the auto business at that point just over 40 years. It was not an experience I will repeat. The good part is I have not had any quality issues with the kits but its not enough to make me buy again.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote