View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 12:03 AM   #61
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

The other fun I had was ... HEADERS! They arrived 1/16. So I got them installed. These look pretty good. They clear the steering shaft and have great clearance to everything around the engine. Now, I don't have gaskets installed which will change the clearance around the steering shaft, but there is at least room to modify the tube if I need to, either by hammer or having a shop rework the routing a bit.

Also, these are long tube. They do come pretty close to the chassis cross member, so hopefully a shop can deal with the tight turns the exhaust would need to make. The other detail of the collector is the O2 bung points to the chassis rail and I'm not sure if there is enough room for the sensor. I have the sensors, but haven't tried to install one just yet. Worse case, I am thinking a shop can either cut and rotate the collector or just add another bung on the inside of the collector.

Here are the details of these headers:

Hooker Blackheart 304 Stainless for a 68-72 A-Body
1 7/8" primaries
3" collector
PN: 70101318-RHKR
Attached Images

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote