View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #69
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Hey all, sorry for the delay in updates. We lost a family member on Jan 24th ... that's never easy even when it is somewhat expected.

Back to the truck, the body has been completely removed. That also gave me a different perspective on the header collector situation. It looked better from the bottom, but when looking from the top, not so much. Plus, the headers are hitting my transmission bell housing even with gaskets now installed (the shift the header off the head oh so slightly). So I may call Holley and ask them about it. Plus the #3 tube got really close to the steering shaft. Had about 1/16-1/8" clearance, not much. So with a better picture on fit, I'm started to have 2nd thoughts. It's mainly around the collector alignment. It's worse than I initially thought. I can re-work the #3 tube and put a could dents in the 2 tubes hitting the trans, but that sharp turn after the collector might be more pressure loss than I want to deal with.

Any one have any thoughts?
Attached Images

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote