View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 04:28 PM   #6
Cap'n Hook
Workin to live...

Re: saddle tanks on a 1972 jimmy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-bad-57 View Post
The Jimmy that I am looking at has the tanks mounted between the frame rails and the sheet metal of the body like some of the trucks have them mounted. It looks like a very pro job that was done so just wondering if this was something that maybe a dealer installed??
That's my old Jimmy. I owned it back in the early 2000's. The three separate gas tanks had a rotary knob just behind the driver seat to select the tank to fuel the engine. I would always run the tanks dry cuz the guage never seemed to work correctly with the current selected tank. The top has definitely been off. I had a saddle soft installed too while I owed it. Still wish I had this truck, but tough times and had to let it go.

My story, I was just driving down the road in Blanco, TX, happened to see it sitting at small garage with a for sale sign in the window. About half an hour later I had written a check for $8,250 and was driving it home. The white with saddle interior had me from the beginning. Please let me know where you found it if you don't pick it up. I'd like a chance to have it back again someday!