View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #22
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: LMC -- What's up???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
I also live very close to LMC and get a decent discount.It definitely makes a difference when you can go to their warehouse and look the item over in person.The parts counter guys have to look the parts up in their catalog,I always tell them what page to go to.They sell lots of parts,not just Chevy but Ford also.
This outlet sells parts for GM, Ford, and even eeeeegod Dodge. However, there is also a LMC foreign car parts outlet about four blocks over to their East and it has just as big of a warehouse for the European car market. The owner is not a struggling fellow. I met him at the LMC Truck warehouse once while he was giving some investors a tour of the place. He was showing them some items on the showroom floor that the company had just started selling. Being in mixed company, he must have felt that he had to ask me about the quality of a chromed fender well item and I let him know what I thought about it. Apparently I was a bit brutally honest about the finish. When I came back the next time the counter guy told me, that he pulled that set of items and had them redone. Apparently the guy will listen to the public. There is hope for a company like that. I do not understand the problems with their shipping, though.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote