View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #79
SADMAX

Re: D60 Front Brake Upgrade

Im building a D60 Axle almost from scratch as they dont produce what I am looking for. Like you, I don't like the brakes origionally used on the D60. So I like your thread and progress. My idea is similar to yours in that I was using the factory 2003 Chevy 2500HD brakes since they are already installed on my truck. Since reading this thread I liked the size difference of the Dodge rotor only for one reason. I installed a tone ring on my hubs similar to what Danatrac did. My Chevy rotors have more room than the D60 rotors but it was tight. The dodge Rotors will give plenty of room to mount the sensors. Anyway here is my thoughts/issues with the brackets. Im not sold on using 5/16 plate for the brackets. Even the 3/8 is somewhat iffy IMO. I havent ruled it out yet just a concern as Im driving this on the road as much as the dirt. Also I am having issues with the Lug bolts. I found a Dorman Bolt you may want to look into the 610-215. It looks good in that the rotor holes are very snug to the bolt. Probably the best we can find that is already produced. It may need a couple thousandths taken off the shoulder area but I will see. First I need a lug nut to ensure it will work in my wheel. Good luck with getting this finished.
SADMAX is offline   Reply With Quote