View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
jcramsey

The Government Mule - 62 c20 with service bed

Was searching craigslist a few weeks back and came across an ad that just said "service truck". No picture but I clicked on it anyway and found out it was a 62 c20 service truck. I was definitely interested. Made arrangements to go check it out that weekend. Took a two hour drive,ending up on a dirt road in the middle of the woods. My kinda place. Old fella had bought it to use but ended up getting a newer model truck with a service bed instead. Turns out it was a retired water water department truck from a local municipality. Looks like it had been rode pretty hard and put up wet, but i had to have it. I gave him a deposit and came back the next week to haul it home.

It's got a running 235 with a 4 speed, plenty of rust, and tons of character. Right now I'm just working on a plan of attack. I want to lower it significantly so weighing my options on how to do that in the most economical, yet effective way. My brother has some TJ springs so I think I will give them a try along with making a set of lowering blocks for the rear. Up front I have cranked down the torsion bars til it's siting on the bumps and I know I want to go lower. Will keep the 235, but would like to upgrade to a T5 trans to make it a little more highway friendly.

Pics coming....having site issues at the moment

The Government Mule

Last edited by jcramsey; 11-14-2016 at 05:48 PM.
jcramsey is offline   Reply With Quote