View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Re: Interesting conversations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmigletz View Post
My wife and I were selling parts at a swap meet last Spring, and a guy asked what I wanted for my 67. I told him it wasn't for sale. He offered me $750, with a straight face, for my factory short bed with buddy buckets, granted my truck isn't pretty, but there's zero rust through on the truck. I told him no. He came back later and offered my wife $1200 for it while I was out walking around...
The guy was a gold chainer and reminded me of the slimy d-bags that knock on your door trying to low ball you on your cars.
He was the slimy d-bag that stops at vendor's spaces trying to low ball you on your cars. A guy like that needs to hear, "Sounds like you need to go out and find yourself a junker and fix it up like I did".

Many seem to think swap meets are the place to buy parts/vehicles cheap to sell for top money online. It's not a flea market and people try the buy low/sell high elsewhere thing there, when way before the internet they have been mixed with people unloading junk (like a yard sale) and people setting up a weekend antique shop with nice things going for what they are worth. "This ain't no yard sale" is something I've said to lowballers. "Catch the vendors at the end and they'll about give the parts away because they don't want to carry it home". Yeah right. "I was so glad a guy walked up and wanted this N.O.S. set of upper & lower side trim I about gave it to him. I was about to stuff the trash can with it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by richards72chevy View Post
I tell them that there is a ton of them at the local scrap yard for sale complete and cheap and there is.They usually give me a funny look after that.What gets me is when someone post a picture of an old beat up 4 door 66 biscayne on Facebook instagram you tube etc.Then people start saying crap like who ever is letting that car rot can go to hell and all this other crap.Then you see the road kill guys who pulled a rotten buick out of the thorns and people complain about how stupid they are for that.
I can't last 5 minutes on Facebook truck pages w/o wanting to slap somebody and I'm a peaceful guy. I find very little peace there.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote