View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #11
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Re: Post Pics of your Static Drops!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogorman View Post
Thanks guys. YOu got one up in the back and the other down in the back. I like the different styles!

BIRD7263 - Do you have problems with the back end bottoming out over bumps or down the feeway? I like ho your wheels are tucked under the stepsides.. what are the wheels and tire size? Are they just some stock steel wheels off of?
I have NO problems down the freeway.. Like I said, it drives like a Cadi.. Very smooth and never scrapes or bottoms out.. I have owned several of these 63-72 chevy trucks..This is how we do it and keep the best ride... My rear fender is just under 21 inches off the ground..

Now for my wheels.. They are stock steel 15 inch wheels off of a 71 impala. Then I bought 3 1/8 bullet center caps off of ebay for $20

Drop coils.. Just start looking around.. Several companies make them.. They are all over Ebay.. Some times if you type in 67-72 it makes them easier to find..

Like chevytrucknut said.. You can make your rear 3 inch blocks easy.. I have a guy here in Portland that makes the steel blocks for $10 and then the Makes the u-bolts for around $40.. Easy way to keep your stock ride and budget good.. I could have ya a set made and shipped if you want..
Attached Images

1965 Chevy 1/2T Longbox, soon to be a slammed shop truck

Build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591266

Semper Fi Marines
bird7263 is offline   Reply With Quote