View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
CC69Rat

Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Here is a pretty nice 1970 GMC Sierra Grande SWB dad and I picked up over the weekend. Some of you may have seen this truck on another post but I thought I'd start a build thread to follow along with the progress.

We are currently in the process of putting this one back together to just be a good solid daily driver. We bought the truck off Craigslist. Picked it up on Saturday and drove it home, 312 miles. It never missed a beat. 350 / 3 OTT, matching numbers.

The rockers have been replaced at one point, I'm thinking maybe mid 80's? It looks like around that same time it had a decent paint job. It is the original color combo but has been re-sprayed. You can see overspray on it in places.

It's one of those you can say 'It's all there' and that's exactly what I wanted. A 99% unmolested truck to start a good dependable weekend driver, 4.5 / 6" drop and some 20's. I might put some Magnaflows on it just for the sound .. but that's about it. Just stock looking engine, no big cam, .. just a good looking driver. Anyway, here are some pictures of it. Check back from time to time,..
Attached Images

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote