Thread: Hoopty Jr
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: The "Hoopty Jr" Project

Most of the guts were missing in both doors. Why??? is the question. Anyways I got luck and was able to get most all the pieces in a local pick and pull, so I replaced the door guts, cleaned up the door panels and install working door locks..

While I was pulling parts, I found some more dash pieces and a Silverado dash pad band in pretty decent shape. Unfortunately most of the mounting tabs were broken or super brittle. Being it was only $2, I decided to try and build some new mount tabs out of #6 sheet metal screws. Plastic epoxied them in and I'll cut them to size and see if they will hold the band in place. In theory it should work.

I was driving it around the neighborhood yesterday to stretch it legs some and it ole Jr decided to be bad. Hoopty decided to spit about 2 quarts or so of tranny fluid out onto the shop's carport. I can't tell exactly what gave out, but from where the leaks appear to be, the front pump, convertor, or the seals between the two have given up. So I guess as soon as work gives me some more free time I'll drop the tranny and see what gave out. I sure don't feel like I can pick them very well at the moment.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote