View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #208
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Wow been a lounge time since i updated! I kind of got help up back in February. We had so much snow piled up (from the 14 times we got our driveway plowed this winter), that every day the snow would melt, run under the side door to the garage, and then freeze over night. I had a 2 inch thick slab of ice covering the entire garage floor. In fact it was so bad, the dolley that my cab is on was frozen fast to the floor so I couldn't move it.

The only good thing that come about from the terrible winter was that I could spend some much needed time on my other hobby (see post 77). I tell ya if you ever have the desire to spend money chasing gremlins and hot rods just ain't doing it for you.....buy a salt water reef tank, UGH!

Anyways I digress, When I last posted I was working on the seat belts. Well I got that all squared away and I have to say turned out better then expected. Next up, now that the weather is better here in Nj was the bottom of the cab. I decided to get the old girl down off the dolley and give the bottom a good scraping and undercoating. After about 6 hours of scraping, wire brushing, sanding, cleaning, and of course drinking.....I had the bottom ready to go. Of course as you can see somebody has worked on the underside previous to me.
[/URL]

I gave the ole girl 2 good coats of this stuff along with the inside of the rocker panels
[/URL]
Looks pretty good or at least better then it did......
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote