View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:13 PM   #123
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

Final shot of the tailpipes. I'll probably use chrome turndowns and yes I know they are not level because they are not welded and are just hanging there.

One more note - as you can see from the first set of pics, the exhaust was a challenge to get around the frame mounted brake booster. In addition, I have to say that the brake pedal for the booster is kind of a piece of ****. Somehow it always rubs against the hole in the floor, it hits the head on the motor at extension, and is fatally interfering with the auto shift linkage (column shifter) so it's one or the other. Add in the anticipated future aggravation of dealing with the master cylinder reservoir under the floor (yes I know I can use a remote reservoir but if I have to get to the M/C it'll be a major pain), plus some info from a local guy who builds a lot of these trucks and advised that the 7" booster is definitely not optimum for effective stopping, and I punted and ordered a CPP 8" firewall brake booster and pedal. I feel better already!
Attached Images