View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Please help with my build

Fisrt off you can drop I'd say do the 3/5 with springs when you go lower you may get into driveline angle differences that may cause vibrations. Now the disc brakes stuff off of your 4x4 will not work on the 2wd neither will the power steering box as it turns differently. Now the booster will work on there and you asked if the booster disc brakes are interlinked. Yes and no they proprotion valve does that [that is the little rectangle box with all the lines going to it] Fixing your brakes for 150 probably not gonna happen and steering for zero not gonna happen either. What you should do first in stead of trying to lower it first is get it running and driving and steering and stoping SAFELY and then take the money leftover if any and then do a drop. I know you want to bo cool with a lowered truck but a ill handleing and poor stopping truck is not coolbe any ones description. I have been doing this for a long time and even when I was young, I'd make my stuff safe firsrt then fast or low or pretty or whatever I was going for at that time. I am not some guy that just sits behind a keyboard telling people what to do about their stuff, I own a body shop and used car bussiness and have since 1987 and have owned probably close to 1,800 cars and trucks and if they were unsafe I would make them safe first or junk them. Do you want to get your truck all running and stuff and go pick up your girl then have to get a ride home from somebody cause the truck didn't stop and you smashed thru a stoplight into traffic wrecking you pride and joy? I am not giving you any advise that I have'nt given to my son and yes my daughter on their projects and many others from around here that come to me for help. Be safe be carefull and have some fun with it. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote