Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Great progress Vic..!!
Thanks, Greg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
That's a lot of sound deadened. I bet that made your arms sore rolling it. I can't wait to see some pics of the interior going together.
You're right about that Dale, my shoulders were barking at me by the time I was done. I use a plastic trim tool to nail down the deadener as it seems to get into the nooks and crannies a lot better. But it does take a little longer.

They have the windlace and headliner in already. Went down today as they had a couple of questions about the layout for the door panels. What they've done looks very nice. I requested that they split the windlace so that it would be gray next to the silver trim and black everywhere else. That way when you look thru the windows you don't see a black strip that looks out of place. It would probably have been okay to do it all in gray, but since it's custom made anyway, might as well match it up a little better.

Back at the ranch, I'm still working on the core support and inner fenders. I punched the holes for the a/c bulkhead plate and mocked it up. The lines from the evaporator will pass thru the inner fender and connect to the back of the bulkhead plate. That way, the only lines visible in the engine bay can be kept compact and tidy. (I hope.)
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote