View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 05:46 AM   #3076
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Wednesday was the real start of my Christmas break.
We have to take he time between Christmas and New Year off, as historically our factories would have shut down.

I also did not take enough or all my vacation through the year as it has been a busy one.

So on Wednesday, I went to B&Q to see if I could find something to spend then£90.00 in gift cards I got last year and the year before.
Crazy, yes.

I found nothing, and will wait for the new year sales and possibly put it toward a £180.00 Bosh hedge trimmer I could do with, in case there is a mark down, and the alternative is taking Nicolas dad along to get a 10% pensioners discount, if they still do that.

I popped into her dads place on the way to town to pick up this awesome plate that Alan had sent for my collection.

I absolutely love it, as it is a rare rare thing.

I also scored this water feature from Nicolas dad, and tossed it into the rear of Prozac.

In the mean time, the Eastern Cape plates I had made for Dennis and his son and daughter in law had made it to Missouri as well.

Thenplate withnthe extra H at the end is wrong, and I gave that to one of my favourite secretaries for her daughter whose name is. Hannah.

I did however get to speak to a great little customer service lady called Briony when checking to see if the cards were still valid.
Great customer service is always a good thing.

And the coffee and Carrot cake were exceptionally good for a hardware shop.

Later I went to Chatham High street and the Turkish shop for some groceries as well as a late lunch in their restaurant.

This is just their selection of Olives.
I know it is a love hate item.
I love them.

Lamb pitta with salad.

All for £5.00

Seriously good eating.

Yesterday Mickey and I loaded the GS for the third time in two weeks and took it to BMW in Tonbridge Well for the warranty work to be done to the fuel injection system and a rear flange of some sort.
Great dealership, massively helpful

And the kicker.....

My bike will be fixed by a tall, really nice and blonde lady called Katie.

I asked them what the jobs would cost if I paid for the parts and labour as a normal customer...... suffice it to say, it made my eyes water when they told me.

Thank goodness for recalls and free repairs on a 12 year old bike.

Headed out.

Mickey does like a coffee and something to eat.

My treat, as he only ever asks for a couple of pints of beer and diesel when he uses his car.

Lastly,

Late yesterday afternoon, I took Prozac and went to buy a load of 20kg bags of coal for the fire place.

The little van that can was happy to help.

Guy at the yard where I loaded the coal loved the NASCAR inspired look and practicality.

I want to service him soon too, replacing belts and waterpump plus the rest as I have no real idea what state the belts are in.

And today I'm planning on heading out to see if I can get a tow bar and wiring harness plus box from a local-ish scrapyard.

Hopefully Martin will be able to do the honours on the wiring.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote