View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Re: 67 GMC Lift thread

So...got a little more done this week. Finally got the axle hung and on rollers...

Had to cheat a little on the steering for now. I know this looks bad, but i have the new solution coming next week. I added the raised steering arm, But the tie rod ends coming from the steering arm and pitman arm were still a bit short, so i adjusted the sleeve out just so i could turn it around there's about a half inch in the drag link sleeve right now. but that's when i started looking online for some solutions. I found a place out of California called WFO Concepts and saw that they sell new stock ball joints. I called them up and asked if they make the sleeve for them, and they do make them for any length. Made out of DOM and come with jam nuts instead of the slotted stock compression sleeve. So it will look more like a tie rod but will get the job done until I go high steer. so don't laugh at my redneck drag link, I assure you it's safe enough to turn the truck aroun and won't be on the road. Oh...and i cut the U-Bolts down...Just after this picture was taken.

Here are a couple of shots how it sits with stock rear end with worn 31's opposed to the new lift on new 35's

Gonna tear the rear end out this weekend. Hopefully time flys with the rear
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote