View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 12:23 AM   #66
t-tung

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

Well I found my new LEAST favorite thing to do....stick welding sheet metal. What made it worst is it seems like the donor bed I chose is some sort of alloy. It came out of a 94 Z71. If I had to do it again I would have picked an early 80s bed. I started out with 1/16" 6013s. They did alright but burned REALLY fast. Ended up with some 3/32" 500 series rods I bought some time ago for welding stainless and dissimilar exhaust pipe. Turned the machine way down and it seemed to weld a lot better. It looks like hell but after beating on and around the welds they are staying put. I'm going to touch them up with a flapper wheel and having a bedliner shot heavy over it. Anyways it was nice to finally get the bed "on" to see what it is going to look like. I still need to notch the middle crossmember on the bed to accommodate the "humps" in the frame above the axle.

Got the DBW gas pedal re-wired (took length out of the harness), mocked up and then hacked the offset bar off and made a straight one with the stock pedal and spring. I think it looks badass.

t-tung is offline   Reply With Quote