View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #245
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJorgensen52 View Post
Pretty sure if I remember right the '07 should have had a separate TCM, so you need a controller to run the 4L60E regardless of what trans you use.

The L33 and the regular 5.3 share the same electronic hardware and such, it's a difference in the heads (compression ratio is a bit higher and ports are better) that gives it the boost in power - the biggest advantage really being the weight reduction, about 65lbs. As long as you make sure you get a DBW harness, you should be fine - of course the ECM would have to be flashed anyway to get rid of VATS and such to run it stand-alone.

Oh. And the FlexFuel - do you know if the '05 is a flex fuel or not? They use different fuel injectors (which have different electrical plugs) and there are some other minor differences in the harness, and in the ECM. As far as I know, none of the L33 engines came in FlexFuel
Thanks for the info. Understand the ECM flash and that's why I may go back again to Blackbear. The tranny and harness the junk yard has is from an 05 I think but are you saying that I should get the tranny and harness from the 05 and it will work on the 07?

Never said anything about flex fuel but will ask. So I should get the gas pedal out of the truck the ECM and harness came out of?

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote