View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 10:04 PM   #82
clinebarger

Re: '04 5.3L in a '01 V6 Camaro.

Finally have a game plan for this years upgrades (Besides the Exhaust & Headers).

Scored a Aluminum Drive Shaft from a '02 Camaro SS, Installed new greaseable Spicer U-joints.

Circle D 278mm 3000-3200 Stall Converter.

Of course the trans will be out for the Converter swap, So will be performing a few mods I didn't have in the budget last year....

Sonnax Input Drum reinforcement kit.

Sonnax HD 3-2 Shift Valve (Keeps the Overruns "On" in 1st & 2nd while the shifter is in D3). Protects the Forward Sprag.

Sonnax "Teflon" PTFE Rear Stator Bushing.

Clevite Wide front Stator Bushing.

Been driving it Very Hard the last month, And will continue 'til June. I installed Alto High Energy Frictions when I built it last year, Using 8 .062" 3/4 Frictions, & 7 .077" Kolene Steels with factory Backing & Apply plates to further Beta Test their product in 4L60E's. Already tested them in 700R4's with great success! The 3/4 Clutch Circuits are different enough between the 2 too warrant separate testing.

Their .062" Red Eagle 3/4 Frictions are bad about "Coning" under constant cycling that gets them real hot. Going to see if the same is true for the thin High Energies.

Will pull all Alto Frictions for close measurements & inspection. Installing OEM Borg Warner Frictions in their place (7 .080" Frictions & 6 .077" Kolene Steels in the 3/4 Clutch)

On another subject, I was trying to buy a LQ4/LQ9 Long Block too throw a Cam in & install in my car.....The prices are STUPID, 100,000 mile engines for $2000. It has to be because of Income Tax Return time?? Thoughts? $1000 for a LQ4 & $1300 for a LQ9 is reasonable.....F@ck, I've bought Complete LQ9/4L65E PCM/MAF/Pedal/TAC & Harness packages for $1500 before.

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote