View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 07:19 PM   #1
Stanco

1967 Camaro and 1956 Bel Air

Just joined the site it was suggested I post my alternate projects here.

I have a 1967 Camaro. My uncle bought this car in 1972. I was 15 years old and had a learners permit. He asked if i knew how to drive a stick shift and I remember proudly telling him I did. He tossed me the keys and a few moments later I was backing it out of his driveway and driving it down the road! I thought it was the coolest car in the world.

The car was my uncles daily driver for the next 13 years. i bought it from him in 1985. It was leaking oil and the clutch was slipping. Other than that it was in great shape. Here is what it looked like when i first bought it. Notice the skinny 14 X 5 inch rally wheels. It's a factory manual disc brake car and those wheels were part of the disc brake package and are original to the car. It now has 15 X 7 and 15 X 8 rally wheels but is still sporting the original disc brake center caps.

The body was in great shape but the original lacquer paint was checked. A friend of mine painted it in 1986. The interior is original except for the front seat covers which I replaced in 2012.

Stanco is offline   Reply With Quote