View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 11:03 PM   #264
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Hydroboost Mounting Plates

Sorry but I do not have any instructions for installing a hydroboost. I simply have not had time with working 80hrs/7 days a week every week every month.

Most people do p[refer to drill a mounting hole in the brake pedal 1" down from the original manual brake pushrod mounting hole.

I do recommend cutting both the original pushrod and the hydroboost pushrod and welding them together at the correct length. This will allow you to have some adjustment. It can also be done with aftermarket brake pushrods or just off the shelf parts to fabricate your own.

Yes my booster bracket does mount your booster/master assembly correctly and solidly using the mounting holes that GM engineers provided to attach directly to the pedal bracket on the inside. No drilling extra holes in the firewall that may or may not come out on the inside in an ideal location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLeverton View Post
An awful lot to read here, but I haven't seen anything about brake pedal ratios.

I have seen a post on this message board about a guy that cut off a second pedal arm and used it as a "bellcrank" to maintain the the correct pushrod angle.

I'm going to be using a reman hydroboost from an 85 C30.
The two bolts on the plate that it is mounted to seem to be a direct fit to the firewall. See attached image.
Now I have found your "adapter plates".

My 1966 GMC was manual drum brake, which had a higher pedal ratio than what you should have for "power brakes"

Does your kit include provisions / instructions for re-drilling the pedal and moving the pushrod lower? Do you use the OEM 1966 pushrod?

I want to get this right the first time, and everyone says that you are the guy to talk to.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote