View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 07:10 PM   #266
derail

Re: Hydroboost Mounting Plates

I finished this project a while back. The bracket was perfect. I'll list some parts in hopes of helping someone down the road. I used a used booster from a 1996 astro van at pick-n-pull. I made my own pushrod from allthread and misc. that I picked up at ace hardware. I had a vacuum booster previously and moved the pushrod back into the original hole on the pedal arm. I decided to go with a pump with dual returns after reading some reviews about "t-ing" the line. I figured I've came this far, might as well go all the way. The pump and master cylinder came from autozone. The pump is Endurance #7068. The master is Duralast NM1863. This master is for a disc/drum setup. Both of these are from a 1982 gmc 3/4 ton suburban with a diesel engine. I used some misc. fittings to convert to AN fittings from summit. Everything went together well and I'm absolutely happy with how the brakes feel now. They've never felt this good. The one hiccup I had was the new pump is a press on pulley and my old one was a keyway. No big deal. I wouldn't have attempted this without captain fab's bracket and all the info on this thread. Appreciate it.
derail is offline   Reply With Quote