View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #58
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Dan's '46 - Some Small Stuff Done Today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-TEN View Post
Are you doing a power flush with a garden hose? You should.
The S/S strip should work, just pre-fit and predrill everything BEFORE you put the cardboard in, right?
You could just put some rust converter on the inside of your roof and then insulate. I think that we tend to overdo some stuff on Drivers in particular. So tel me Dan, how much salt will be going on the road this winter in Pasadena? And you'll be driving in all of those snowstorms? And the salt will get up into the roof? I live in New Hampshire and my trucks don't come close to road salt. Just sayin'.
Ha...ha, no salt on the roads in Pasadena...although it actually HAS snowed here a couple times in the last 100 years...it lasted about an hour so obviously it wasn't much snow. Nevertheless, my truck does have what I would term heavy surface rust on the inside of the roof. I'm sure I could just paint over the rust and I agree we tend to "overdo some stuff on Drivers" but WHAT makes practical sense about choosing a 65 year old car to use as a daily? (Incidentally, mine is not a daily). If we were "practical" we'd be driving Corollas

I won't overdue the sanding because frankly I won't be able to reach a lot of it. In those cases I will get the converter on it as best I can and call it good. THEN I'll put some insulation over it and throw the headliner cardboard on it.

Power flush...I have no heater so how would I go about it? I admit to NO familiarity with how it works - could I pull the plug I see on the top of the water pump and somehow plumb in a connector? Where does the water go in/come out with a power flush? DO I have to pull the thermostat?

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 09-07-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote