View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Drivetrain swap HELP

Drilling the top holes for the crossmember with the cab on can be a challenge, but it is doable. One way is to drill the bottom holes first and then install the bolts. Then drill the top holes the best you can at a little bit of an angle. This is not the best way, but it will work. Another way is to drill the bottom holes first, and install just 3 bolts. Then with an extra long drill bit drill the upper holes, going thru the open hole on the bottom flange. Then alternately move the 3 bolts, so you can drill all 4 top holes.

Yes I would just have your current driveshafy shortened, once you get the trans installed and get an accurate length figured out. It is much less money to get a driveshaft shortened, than having a complete new one made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewType72 View Post
Well if I move the original trans crossmember back to drill holes will I run into a problem having the cab on? I plan on keeping the cab on as much as possible the bed I wouldnt mind lifting if needed but the cab would make things difficult. now I know the new 700R4 would be longer so would cutting my current driveline and re balancing it be the best option? or would ordering a new one to length be best? I just had my driveline blanced with new ends installed last year
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote