View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #81
Billett

Re: First Time Swapper

No, no cam. Gaskets are as far as I'm going.

These aren't the best, but I'm going to do a serious post on my build thread when I get a chance this weekend. Right now it's just a matter of what can I save on. Gonna keep my current radiator since it still works and just run the steam vent to the water pump. I was looking into motor mounts for a few days before I realized that my current engine is an '87 sbc so all I'll need is an adapter plate. I'm just going to cut one of those myself. Bought all the gaskets, and I'm trying to decide on fuel lines right now. I'm leaning towards bending some hardlines with a few short teflon/rubber sections in between. Gonna buy the wix filter, but my engine has the built in regulator on the rail.

Also, just a quick teaser. I had been planning on shaving the truck intake and cleaning up the hoses and wiring, but now I won't have to my brother brought me home a sweet TBSS engine cover. Plan is to paint it white with red stripes and I took the SS sticker off and I'm going to paint the Texaco logo in the center. Should look sweet with the rest of the truck.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote