View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #186
CC69Rat

Re: 1969 C10 SWB Stepside - Big Block project

It's coming together !! -- We have the Big Block back, it's all together and will be going back in soon. the intake is just sitting on it for right now. We have some cam lube to pour in it right before firing it up for break in. We're going to go ahead and replace the seals in the transmission just to be sure before bolting it all back together. We painted the valve covers to match the block. The silver GMPP valve covers get so dirty so quickly man .. you can breathe on them and they'll show dirt. We painted them just to give it more of a vintage look and help keep them clean. We can just wipe them off now where before you just couldn't get the hand prints off. I really like them orange though ! I have a lot of Lokar / billet stuff to go back on the engine. I bought a black distributor cap to replace the red one I had before and will probably get a billet water neck for it soon. Just basic looking Chevy orange with touches of black (semi and gloss) and billet.

I also got my console from Johnathan, it looks great. We're getting there.

Dad and I started bringing the metal back up with Epoxy on Saturday. When we got all the metal blasted it was sprayed with DP, but I knocked it all back off and worked each and every dent as best as we could. One thing's for sure we're learning a LOT with this project. It is now back in DP, and Dad will spray the first pass of high build one day this week, weather permitting.

I can't wait till spring time.
Attached Images

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)

Last edited by CC69Rat; 12-19-2011 at 05:00 PM.
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote