View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 02:16 AM   #19
Grizz1963

Re: 79 Blazer, In England. Opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor West View Post
Have you ever come across Classic Industries? I end up buying from them most often when it comes right down to it. Their free PDF catalog is EXTREMELY comprehensive and has very good pricing on most items.

As a long time owner of Rovers (saloon cars, and landies) I completely understand the sting of having to import parts for unique rides. One thing I love about my Blazers is the near unlimited well of aftermarket parts and the knowledge base that can be found. My 1969 Rover 2000 TC was my greatest love and heartache all in one. Few in the US even knew what it was let alone had parts for it; lack of a large aftermarket scene back in its homeland was equally frustrating. Just such a beautiful driving car.

May your new Blazer only give you anxiety when pulling into a petrol station! Best of luck!

Well, what a brilliant introduction and post.

I often end up with slightly unusual cars etc, why be a sheep?

In the mean time, a good friend who has a 65 C10 has offered me springs and shocks from his pile.
All the trim from my 66 went to him, so I guess it’s a belated “trade”

Those Rovers have a following here, and on www.Retrorides.proboards.com there are a few.

Sadly in England, the market is too small to sustain a good aftermarket.

I have started welding up my Blazer, and you are right, gas prices will be crippling, but that’s worth all the smiles.

I am thinking of going this route with its paint.

[quote author="@littlepixel" source="/post/2454470/thread" timestamp="1539551120"]@grizz As per your request via PM:

[/quote]

THIS....

Is what I like.

It took a while to get there for me, and without all you guys raising opinions and views, it would not have happened.

I think it is a bit loud with all that green and the contrast on the white.

But why be quiet and retiring when LOUD AND PROUD is all you have left?

Let’s see what the collective has to say.

I have loved the whole Sinclair Gasoline theme ever since I had my 1963 Ford Taurus Transit van.

So this is a good way of rebirhing that idea.

Thank you all for adding to this trucks magic.

There may be other variations too, like the 76 Union gas station theme with Orange and Blue or others that you feel could work.

I think solid colours and no more than three max added to the white, works here.

Monday.......

Back to reality.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote