View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 05:37 PM   #206
jimbosprint

Re: '72 Cheyenne K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalC20LWB View Post
Jimbo, hate to say it but you're gonna have to take off at least the inner grill anyway. I'm finishing up the VA project now, and there was no way to put those aluminum lines through the core support with all their bends with the inner grill installed. Pretty quick taking it off, 8-10 screws maybe? I just dropped it down, did not remove it completely. The rubber well nuts were bigger than the holes in my core support also, just drilled the holes SLIGHTLY bigger.

Would also be hard to do this without dropping the inner fender, be easy to drill right through it when you make your drain hole later. I left the front vertical bolts installed loosely, no need to take the inner fender off completely unless you want to for some reason. See pic, it's just hanging there by the front bolts.

Also, quick tip, before you bolt in your AC unit in the cab run your wiring harness wires through the grommet in the firewall. It was kind of a PITA to get back behind the box and run the wires with the AC box in the way.
Thank you for the tips! Totally appreciated!
jimbosprint is offline   Reply With Quote