View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #311
Red71gmc

Re: A different approach to a LWB to SWB conversion

I believe the main reason why some states do this is for possible liens still being on a vehicle. That way a vehicle cannot be sold without the loan paid off. Hence the 150 percent of value to make sure a lien holder can get their money (I'm probably stating the obvious to everyone).
However in a case like this it would be obvious any loan would be decades old and long forgotten. It would also make since that if the previous owner would sign a statement saying it is clear of all liens and takes any responsibility, would suffice. However that is to much common sence for some laws that obviously shouldn't apply to this case.
Sorry to hear your having trouble after performing fantastic work. It may be time for a fellow member in a more forgiving state to help get it titled for you then transfer it back to Illinois.
I remember reading some other threads about the differences in states on issues as this and remember their were some that allowed what you need.
Best of luck and great work as so many stated. I'm glad this thread got revived so I could see it for the first time.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote