View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #324
SCOTI

Re: A different approach to a LWB to SWB conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
Here in WA State... the dude behind the counter pulls out a book of "State Appraised Values", which is based on KBB Classic Vehicle values. So when I went to transfer the title of my junked out C25 parts rig into my name so I could drive it around until i tore it apart. The state "appriased" the value of the truck at $11,000 bucks, sight unseen. It was a bashed up, rusted out 3/4 ton that I paid $900 dollars for. It's a money grab for the state to charge you the taxes agains the "appraised" value instead of the actual value. If the sale price is below the "appraised" calue, the state goes of their BS value.

Gary
You pay the state taxes based on what they deem it's value. Whatever .... Then, as you're pulling out of the parking lot from doing that you get hit by somebody. Insurance totals your truck because they value it @ mere pennies on the dollar vs. the states tax assessment.

That is whacked.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote