Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #94
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Well, went to CTC Auto Ranch and picked up a few parts. Got the dash for the 54, 2 very nice single window doors, two front inner and outer fenders and a couple of solid running boards. Pictures later on that.

Here is CTC. VERY nice people!
Laura inspecting one of the trucks.
IMG_1955 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

A row of trucks to look through.
IMG_1956 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

A 54 dash, but not the one I got. I got one without the mirror mounted to it.
IMG_1957 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Now I have to figure out what to do with the 54 parts I have, 2 solid doors, two solid and straight bedsides, the great condition front fenders and decent grill. We are doing a "blended" truck. 54 cab, with everything else from 47 to 51 (I think that is right because of the single window doors).

Going to the shop now to start sorting and looking at the good and bad for body parts. I have 4 rear fenders that would take a bit of work to get right, a couple of running boards that are in pretty good shape, and a couple of straight bed sides that need a couple of patches.

Found a guy locally who is doing soda blasting. I've heard good things about soda blasting, so I'm thinking about taking all the parts I just got to him and get them clean so I can see what if anything I need to do to get them ready for prime. I'll get pictures today, but when I picked them up, it looked like the parts were in very good shape as far as dents or rust throughs.

Here is hoping that they look as good this morning as they did yesterday!
8man is offline   Reply With Quote