View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #105
siggyfreud

Re: Project "Ghost" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Hey all,

Been a while since I've updated. I haven't done a ton on the truck as I've been working on developing my new business. But I did manage to swap in a 700R4 over this past week just to make the highway manners better. Still planning on a LT/8l90 swap down the road, but for now, this makes it nicer.

The next think I'm working on for it really is more for research purposes than the truck itself, but I'm working to 3D print a new thermostat housing to test how my carbon/nylon material holds up. On my 08' LR3 much of the cooling system is Nylon, so I think it'll be fine, and would be fun to be able to print custom reservoir tanks, housings, etc.

I know in the LS swap area some people are having to get LS>SBC adapters and use old thermostat housings to get the orientation they want for hoses, so being able to just print something would be fun.

Here is the design I have come up with:

I printed the base to test and ensure it bolts down and properly fits the gasket pattern. Once I confirm that I'll print the whole thing and then install it and test it. This material is good to 150*C regular use, and 180*C peaks, so I think that's well within the 180-230*F that the engine should see. By the time this thing melts my engine would be toast anyways.

That's all for now.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote